To ensure your safety and that of others, the Department of Surgical Technology at the University of Saint Francis requires you to complete a variety of activities. Prior to working with patients on a clinical unit, you must:
- Submit proof of currency in CPR Certification for Health Professionals.
- Submit a completed health history and physical examination form.
- Provide documentation of immunizations, including hepatitis status.
- Submit a negative TB skin test each year.
- Sign confidentiality forms.
- Annually complete drug testing.
- Undergo a background check, which includes criminal history, driving history and Office of Inspector General’s list of excluded individuals.
- Meet technical standards related to observation, communication, intellectual, conceptual, integrative and quantitative abilities; motor skills; behavioral and social attributes.
- Attend orientation and compliance sessions as required by clinical facilities.
The cost to fulfill these requirements is your responsibility.
Final determination of eligibility to participate in clinical experience will be made by the clinical site. Affiliating agencies may withhold clinical experiences if you possess the following records:
- Positive drug screening
- Crimes against the person, such as battery or assault
- Crimes based on dishonesty or untruthfulness, such as theft or embezzlement
- Crimes related to drug and other substance abuse
- History of recent DUI or other driving violations or penalties
Without clinical experiences, you cannot complete all aspects of the Surgical Technology program and will be dismissed.